Please note, to make international calls, your account must have international calling enabled, this is not the default security setting.
To dial an international call:
- dial the number, but start it with '011' (international calling code for Canada/USA);
- the country code should follow;
- then, enter the remaining digits. For example:
Canadian High Commission, London: +44 207 00 46000
dial as: 011442070046000
- If you're using a desk phone, you'll notice it does not 'send' the call right away; it will wait for a few seconds to see if you're adding more digits.
- press 'dial' or the '#' key to send the call immediately.
* NOTE: sometimes, international numbers will be published in the format needed when you're dialling from inside that particular country.
For example, the country code may be missing, and there may be an extra '0' or other digit presented inside the number somewhere.
We find this website to be a useful resource for figuring out how to reach any particular international destination: