A call flow is a kind of 'road map' to how calls will be handled from the moment they arrive in the phone system, down to the end of the call. They also spell out what will happen if phones are busy, calls are not answered, or misdirected. Call flows can be used to handle even the most complex call scenarios and enable great client care.
In order to assist you in creating a call system that works how you want it to, we have created this guide. Here we will explain some of the different features available to you, and provide examples to show how you can route your calls.
Custom Schedules / Time-of-Day Routing - Route calls appropriately based on your hours of operation, and holidays that you might be closed for.
Auto Attendant with Custom Greetings - Greet your clients with a custom menu recording.
Ring Groups - Never miss a call again! Activate response teams ready for intake and discussion.
Virtual Receptionist/Answering Service Forward - Outsource reception and call answering so that only the most important inquiries reach your phones.
Caller ID Masking - Make sure your outbound callerID is presented as your main number.
Caller ID Prepend - Multiple areas of practice? Tag your inbound calls - your team can know what type of call it is even before picking it up.
Directory (Dial-by-name) - A searchable directory menu easily connects your callers to the specific firm member they are looking for.
Custom Schedules / Time-of-Day Routing
This feature allows you to use time-based scheduling to redirect incoming calls to different routes depending on the time of day (as well as set 'closed' programming for holidays).
Save your clients the frustration of not getting through to someone when they need to. Save yourself the stress of worrying about what is happening to your calls when you are not 'open' or in the office.
• Create custom rules to route calls for specific times of day, days of week, or specific dates - depending on your workflow.
• Restrict calls during holiday hours, busy times, office closures - we can route your calls in whichever way works best for you.
• Direct your calls to a particular number at particular times.
This can be as customized as you want. Common ways to set this up is with the open hours of your business. Calls that are not in that scheduled time will be sent to a chosen voicemail or routed differently.
Auto Attendant with Custom Greetings
This feature allows you to change the message that your callers hear according to your personal requirements. You can record your own message to address the different types of callers unique to your practice.
Make a professional impression, guide callers effortlessly, while saving time and money. These menus can help you get an understanding of what kind of information the caller is looking for and direct the call to the appropriate person.
- Welcome callers with custom greetings and connect them to the correct person or department via easy-to-use menu options.
- Upload your own HD recordings (MP3/WAV), or create / update greetings from your phones.
- Set up alternate greetings for in-office hours and out-of-office hours
Menu where the caller can select a number to speak to a certain employee during open hours or select a specific voicemail to leave a message during closed hours. When using custom schedules, it is important to use different recordings to greet your callers.
- Hello, you’ve reached Corvum Law.
- If you are not yet a client but are looking for legal representation, Please press 1.
- If you would like to speak to John Doe, legal assistant in charge of potential new client intake, please press 2.
- If you would like to speak to Jane Doe, legal assistant in charge of managing current client files, please press 3.
- For all other calls, please press 4.
Hello, You’ve reached Corvum law. Unfortunately, you’ve called outside of our normal business hours, which are Monday through Friday, from 9am to 5pm. You can reach us via email at email@example.com, or visit our website at www.corvum.io. Otherwise, please leave your details in a message after the tone.
This feature allows you to assign a group of phone numbers, extensions or physical telephones that ring together on the same call route. You can adjust different ring groups to include different devices or users. We can create as many Ring Groups as you need!
It is important that client calls are answered in a timely fashion. Ring groups help your firm be responsive. Ring groups allow firms to divide their workforce based on important aspects of their operations, whether it is client intake or other common activities.
- Add multiple users and/or devices to a single call route.
- Choose designated phones to ring simultaneously, or sequentially depending on your firm’s preferences. (Once a call is picked up by someone in the group the ringing stops)
- If nobody answers the call in a ring group → Choose which voicemail it goes to
Some clients want all calls to ring everybody in the firm at the same time, other clients have designated people who answer calls and transfer them to the intended recipient.
If you have dedicated team members who answer calls, you can route calls from your main line to a ring group. This means that all the users/devices included will be rung either at the same time, or sequentially based on time intervals you provide.
As a lawyer, your time is too valuable to handle all incoming calls. Forward calls from your Corvum account to your receptionist to improve the way your firm operates!
This provides callers with quality phone answering and lets you focus on clients that need attention. Not sure how you would like to route calls? The Corvum team can help you find the best solution tailored to you.
- Send calls outside of your specified business hours your virtual receptionist
- Busy and missed a call? Send unanswered calls to your virtual receptionist
- Differentiate between your main firm number and your direct number. Choose which line you want to forward calls to the virtual receptionist
Redirecting calls from the main line to receptionist, who can then forward calls to you or a team member.
Setting up a system where missed calls will ring the receptionist next, rather than going to voicemail.
All calls from Corvum devices will ring your caller with your desired name and number.
Maintain a professional appearance no matter where you are calling from. When you call you are recognized before they even pick up. SIP phones allow you to do a whole lot more than just talk!
- Control your local, public, and emergency caller ID display names and numbers.
- Outgoing calls will show particular recipients ID information.
- Set your desired name and number.
Common use of this is to have all callers be using the firm’s main number as an outbound caller ID. You can also set this to appear as another business number you may have. The name can be adjusted to show either your personal name, or the name of the company.
If you are using a menu, or have multiple lines, we can add a short prepend at the beginning of the caller’s number.
Prepends are a great way to know which type of caller is reaching you! If you want to be prepared for the types of questions even before picking up the phone, prepends can help you.
If your firm is using a ring group to answer calls from the main line, prepend it with ML so that you know where the call is coming from.
This feature helps outside callers find the employee they are looking for. They’ll type in the letters that correspond to that person’s first name or last name on their keypad, and be directed to them directly. This avoids having to re-record your menu greeting every time there is a staff change, simply update the directory and you are good to go!
“If you know the 3-digit extension number of the person you are trying to reach, please enter it now. Otherwise, please stay on the line for available options”