The default password for Polycom phones is '456'. What if your phone has been changed to use a different password? Maybe you've purchased used phones, or even new phones that have already been preconfigured to a specific service provider, and you want to set it up for use with CORVUM.
Here's how you can do it, below.
- Locate the MAC address (serial number) of the phone you want to reset and write it down. (example of a mac address would be: 0004F2xxxxxx, or newer Polycom phones use 6416xxxxxxxx). You can find the MAC address on a sticker the rear/bottom of the phone - Polycom uses this as the serial number as well. Alternately, you can find the MAC address by pressing "Settings / Status / Platform / Phone" on the phone itself.
- Write down the MAC address, or take a photo of the sticker - you'll need this later.
- Reboot the phone by powering down (unplug it count to 10 then plug it back in).
- While phone is powering back up (you have about 5-10 seconds to complete this step) depress the following keys simultaneously:
For VVX-Series phones press and hold the dial pad keys 1, 3, 5 simultaneously during the countdown process until the password prompt appears.
- Enter the MAC address of the phone (not case sensitive). To switch between alpha and numeric try one of the following:
Depress the # key or the button directly beneath this image on the phone screen (1/A/a) for Soundpoint IP
On a VVX-series depress "mode" to switch between alpha and numeric.
- In some cases, you might need to generate a 'code' from the MAC address instead. Figure out the numeric keypad equivalent of each character, and note that instead of the letter - this is the 'secret code' you'll need to enter. For example, for 64167fcecd68, you would use the code: 641673232368.
- Try entering this code instead of the alphanumeric MAC address.
- If this works, the phone will reboot and you'll be able to access the admin menu with the default password - '456'.